The Young Professionals Board
WHO WE ARE
First Tee – Greater Baltimore is a character education program aimed at helping change the trajectory of Greater Baltimore youth. The Young Professionals Board is designed to help echo our mission of helping youth in the Greater Baltimore area through fundraising and volunteer efforts and awareness.
- Be a young professional (age 25-40) living in the Greater Baltimore area
- Serve as an ambassador for The First Tee of Greater Baltimore mission and programs
- Contribute annual membership fee of $100.00 (tax deductible) due by April 1
- Volunteer for a minimum of 8 program hours per year
- Attend Young Professionals events
- Participate in designated Board Committee
- Participate in the Year End Fundraising Campaign (Nov 1 through Dec 31) – Each member is asked to raise at least $250.00
- Disclaimer: Each member must complete a mandatory online background check and be approved prior to volunteering.
WHAT WE DO
Spend time with our youth and serve as mentors or program volunteers. This allows us to keep our instructional costs down and gives our participants the opportunity to interact with successful young professionals in the area.
Social, networking and fundraising events will drive the success of both First Tee – Greater Baltimore and the Young Professionals Board. The group meets every other month with on going opportunities to get involved that fits the young professionals schedule.
Our success depends largely on the number of people that we are able to attract to our program. We hope that you will serve as advocates for us and encourage others to join. We also depend on our young members to engage on social media to widen our reach to the Baltimore community.
Each year the Young Professionals Board executes a fundraising event at the end of the golf season. Members are also encouraged to reach out to their employers, as many have matching gift programs. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
FUNDRAISING/ DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Members in this committee will assist our team with the YPB Year-End Peer to Peer Fundraising Campaign. Additionally, these members will follow up with the other Board members regarding employer matching opportunities to raise funds for the Chapter.
Members in this committee will assist the Programming Director, Parker Bratton, in encouraging board members to volunteer at our programming classes and other events throughout the year.
Members in this committee will assist Hailey Bedford in planning the yearly YPB Tournament. The responsibilities include reaching out to members regarding event sponsorships, donations, and confirmation of registration.